Get Involved Today!
Volunteer opportunities at the Islamic Center of Greater Toledo are plentiful and spiritually rewarding. We encourage you to lend a hand to sustain the good works of the mosque!
Here are a few ways that you can offer your time and talents for the benefit of the Center and community:
- help greet those new to the Center on Eids, Iftars, social gatherings at the Center, as well as Jumu’ah and Sunday,
- welcome and guide our visitors to the elevator, Prayer Hall, Imam Eid’s office, Social Hall, etc.
- Weekend school
- volunteer to teach our community children Islamic studies and tajweed to read the Qur’an correctly
- Sunday Kitchen
- join the group to help prepare brunch for the community
- Friday bake sale
- help prepare fatayers or samosas in our commercial kitchen for people to enjoy after Jumu’ah prayers
- ICGT Cafe
- make cappuccinos or espressos for our guests in the coffee shop on Sundays for a couple of hours
- Funeral committee
- help guide visitors and with set up for funeral services
- volunteer to babysit kids of our members during special events, so young parents can also participate in programs
- Landscape maintenance
- help take care of our beautiful grounds by mowing, watering the plants, and general landscaping when you have some free time
- Volunteer with the Islamic Food Bank of Toledo (IFBT)and help feed our neighbors in need throughout Toledo and northwest Ohio. Join us at the Center on the second Saturday of each month for the Mobile Food Bank visits, in which we cook and pack 200+ meals. Distribution follows afterward on-site in two downtown Toledo neighborhoods. The IFBT also hosts packing events for food boxes with fresh meat provided to area families during Ramadan and after Eid-ul-Adha, and for weekender food bags given to at-risk children at area schools.
- Come to an ICGT Council meeting, meet the leadership, and share your ideas! The Council meets at 2 pm on the first Sunday of the month in the library on the second floor of the Islamic Center. Each meeting begins with public comment time. You are welcome to sit in for the meeting or stop by to share your ideas or voice any concerns. We want to hear from you!